Saturday, September 06, 2008

DIARY: Lots of new

I don't get to write much on this blog, but quite a few things have happened since Christmas.

I've had some great success on the running scene, participating in the World Long Distance Trophy in Hill Running (finishing respectable midpack after suffering a puncture wound to my knee after 12 of 38km), finishing 5th in a local 22k hill race, and generally improving. I've also been struck down by my plantar fasciitis injury, meaning I won't compete again for quite some time.

My nice car broke down and had to be scrapped, so I replaced it with a Toyota Avensis 1.8, which is a good solid car with a good kick and a good size car (everyone knows I'd rather own a bike than a small car!).

My mother celebrated her 50th, where I got the chance to sing 6 folk tunes with the band, something that rekindled my interest in the music, and perhaps I'll take up the guitar again to do something with that.

Otherwise, I've been of loads of trips with the hill runners and with Aoife, visiting great locations in the Mournes, the West, Kerry, and in Wales.

Lately, I was back at the Tonder Festival and it was great to see everyone again and relax with a few drinks.

On the professional front things are well too, I've had a good first 8 months as supervisor, and am now responsible for 4 teams, having had the Quality team assigned to me. So I guess I can't really complain now can I?

Well, I'll find something sure enough....

No comments: