Tuesday, March 06, 2007

DIARY: Trip to Canada!!!



Across the Broad Atlantic
...is not only the title of a great Wolfe Tones' album, its also where I'll be going tomorrow. Not huddled on board one of the grim Coffin Ships of days gone by like so many other's from Ireland before me, but riding a KLM transatlantic plane.

Visiting an old friend!
Now experiencing the spectacular wilderness of Canada should be reason enough to go in itself, but yet its not my primary reason. I am going over to visit my old friend and dorm-mate Mathilde (girl in black on the left seen four years ago at one of our many spectacular Dorm parties, during an, not surprisingly, "Irish-themed" room session in my room back then).

Montreal and Mountain Cottage
I'll be spending the first and last days of my one week trip in Montreal (checking out the city,
watching a game with the Montreal Canadians, and more!).

The highlight of the trip will, undoubtedly be our weekend trip to a cottage in the "wild and way" close to Mont Tremblant (more on that on my mountain runner blog).

I'll be posting pictures and stories upon my return, so there should be a few good shots to look forward too!

See you on the other side!



No comments: